- Within forty-five (45) days from the receipt of a completed request
for certification, the SHPO shall respond to the chief elected official
of the local government.
- If the SHPO approves the certification application, the HPO and the
local government will enter into a written agreement which specifies
the duties that will be delegated to the local government and contains
other appropriate provisions.
- When responding to the completed application, the SHPO will send a
copy of the CLG application and a copy of the proposed certification
agreement between the state and the CLG to the Secretary of DOI.
- If no comment from the Secretary of DOI is received within fifteen
(15) working days, certification of the local government and the preliminary
agreement will be considered final.
- If the Secretary of DOI states any objections to the certification,
the HPO will work with the local government to address the Secretary's
- If the local government's request for certification is disapproved
by the SHPO, the local government may appeal the decision to the Secretary