- All meetings of the commission shall adhere to the North Carolina
Open Meetings Law, and public comment on commission actions shall be
encouraged. Commission meetings must occur at regular intervals at least
four times a year. Public notice must be provided prior to any special
- Commissions must adopt and adhere to rules of procedure as required
by North Carolina's enabling legistlation for historic preservation
- Careful minutes of all actions of the CLG commission, including the
reasons for making these decisions, must be kept on file and available
for public inspection.
- All decisions by the CLG commission shall be made in a public forum
and applicants shall be given written notification of decisions made
by the commission. Written notification shall cite the criteria upon
which the decisions were made.
- During the process of recommending properties for nomination to the
NRHP, the commission shall provide an opportunity for public comments
as specified in Section VI
on the NRN process.