Monday, September 9, 2002, 4:30 p.m.
material on business items before Washington City Council is available
for review at Brown Library.
Opening of Meeting
Approval of Minutes
of August 12 and August 26, 2002
I. Consent Agenda:
A. Adopt Ordinance
- To demolish single family dwelling located at 409 West 6th Street.
B. Authorization - For Mayor and City Clerk to sign a revised EMS Contract
with Beaufort County.
C. Authorization - For Mayor and City Clerk to sign EMS Contract with
the Town of Washington Park.
D. Information Only - Results of investigation for Annexation petition
received under G.S. 160A-31 for State Employees Credit Union.
E. Award Contract - For water and sanitary sewer extension to Spencer
Packing Company in the amount of $47,230.50
F. Award Engineering Contract - To Rivers and Associates for design
and construction administration and adopt budget ordinance amendment
for the Wastewater Treatment Plant - Phase IIA - Oxidation Ditch.
G. Adopt Grant Project Ordinance - For 2002 Law Enforcement Block Grant
H. Approval - Repurchase of Oakdale Cemetary Lot E-52B
I . Approval - Of Operation Agreements for Resource Officer with Beaufort
County Board of Education for P.S. Jones Middle School and Washington
II. Scheduled Public
A. Mr. Ken
Dellinger - To discuss Pawn Shop moratorium and enforcement of two hour
B. Mr. Roger Tuttle - To discuss billboards.
C. Mr. Bryan Ross - To resubmit funding requests for Airport improvements.
and Special Reports From Members of City Council:
IV. Reports From
Boards, Commissions and Committees:
VI. City Manager's
A. Old Business:
Ordinance - Amending Chapter 11, Parks and Recreation, Section 11-86.
Unlawful Acts, to disallow bicycles on Boardwalk and Promenade.
B. New Business:
- Utilities Franchise Ordinance adopted July 8, 2002.
C. Any Other Business
From the City Manager:
1. Adopt Resolution
- Authorizing Membership in Mid-East (Region Q) Rural Transportation
Planning Organization and designate Washington representative.
2. Adopt Budget Ordinance Amendment - For Waterfront Docks (General
3. Adopt Ordinance Amendment - To amend Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles
and Traffic, Section 9-77, "Stop Intersections" and 9-78
"Yield Intersections" at Summit Avenue and Fourteenth Street.
4. Approval - Raise limit on request for purchase orders from $50
5. Declare Surplus and Authorize Method of Sale - Vehicles and Equipment.
6. Closed Session - Under G.S. 143-318.11(a)(3) Attorney/Client Privilege
VII. Public Hearings
A. Approval - Of
Site Plan and preliminary subdivision plat for Rainbow Condominium,
submitted by Julian Moore
VIII. Public Hearing
- Certificate of Convenience and Necessity for City Cab Company.
IX. Comments from
X. Any Other Business
From the Mayor or Other Members of City Council: